Monday, April 11, 2011

ramblings of thoughts

when i was little i dreamed of being a mama and all the fun i would have with my children. i knew i didnt want to raise them in the manner i was being raised in, but i did know that i would be strict. did not realize how hard it is to not be your parents child.
i am very glad for the role models i have, now that i am older. like to think that my children are growing up in a happier home than that of which i was raised.

that being said. . . i do not understand why so many parents do not go with their gut instincts on discipline. why do parents allow their children to get by with doing so many things that they know they should not be allowing! it doesnt just hurt your child as a child it hurts them as an adult because they have to relearn things they should have learned properly as a child.

i realize that parents believe they are raising children but really? you cannot teach them that this is wrong and that is right? there was something quoted to me with tiffany was younger and it has stuck with me all this time (all of six years or so, LOL) and that is, "we are raising adults, not children." now this can be taken many ways. the way in which i take it is that if we do not challenge our children and teach them the way of doing things correctly and that chores need to be done before play time (even though as adults we have issues doing this), than when will they learn this? When they are almost thirty and looking at their house going, man do i need to clean.

honestly it isn't o.c.d. kicking in, it is just the point at which you were taught as a child to clean. growing up i kept the house clean, dusted, vacuumed. out on my own i have found i dont like cleaning 24/7, didnt than and i dont now, so i let things go a bit (okay maybe more than a bit). eventually i start cleaning, but i would rather be outside in a garden or watching my children and/or husband play with toys. truth is everything else is more interesting than cleaning. even a little bug that is crawling under the magnifying glass.

seriously, how many of us really like telling our children, "leave me alone," "go away and find something else to do." think we would rather go and paint with them, or do clay models. my little artsy girl really has me going to my sewing machine.

speaking of my sewing machine, i took it apart last night and oiled it and put it back together. very proud of myself. why should i pay someone to fix my toy? honestly, what is between me and my machine besides. . . oh i dont know an internet filled with information of how to do this and that. thanx i'll keep my money and play with my machine till it is working. now to go sit infront of it and play with fabric.

catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment