Friday, June 15, 2012

PB Cookie Recipe from an old dear friend

When I was younger I would stay at my grandmothers house and we would visit her friends. My favorite place to go was to her friend Ola and Texs' House. They had a nice big back yard that was full of plants and lovely things to look at. She always had goodies being made or sitting on the counter.
One of my favorite things that she made was these Peanut Butter Cookies. They were always moist and yummy.


Here is her recipe:

1 1/2C. PB (I use organic crunchy)
3/4 C. Butter
3/4 C. Shortening
3 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
3 t. Vanilla
3 C. Whole Wheat Flour (I use white bleached, but this is what the recipe says)
3 t. Baking Powder
1 1/2 t. Salt
3 C. Rolled Oats

Mix all and bake at 350 degrees.

I have yet to make it with Whole Wheat Flour, and I use 1 1/2 cups butter instead of the shortening and it works fine.

Cream the Butter and Brown Sugar together. Add the Peanut Butter till it is creamed together with the Butter and Brown Sugar. Add the Eggs one by one until they are completely mixed in. Next add the Vanilla, Baking Powder and Salt. Finally add in the Flour one cup at a time. Now add the Rolled Oats.

Just keep your mixer going the whole time you are putting in the ingredients. It makes roughly 36 to 48 cookies. I just put them by spoonfuls onto the cookies sheet and push down lightly with my spoon (no forking these ones).

No comments:

Post a Comment